1. Who We Are
NCPS Ltd.’s registered office is at 6 Mount Street Crescent, Dublin 2, D02 XT04 and we are a company registered in Ireland under company number 299040. Our designated Data Compliance Officer can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org / 0818 555 000.
2. Information That We Collect
NCPS Ltd. processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this notice.
The personal data that we collect from you is: –
- Phone Number (Landline / Mobile)
- Vehicle Registration Number
- Bank/Payment Card Details
- Passport/ Driving License
- Proof of Address
- Unique reference number (Appeal Process)
- DOB (if supplied)
We collect information in the below ways: –
- Web contact forms
- General Customer Query Form
- Business Enquiry Form
- Business Call Back Form
- Permit Application Form
- Phone call/email to our Customer Support team
- Enforcement and Appeals Processes
- Employment CV and Records
- Supplier Set-up Forms
- Client Contracts and Site Set-up Forms
3. How We Use Your Personal Data (Legal Basis for Processing)
NCPS Ltd. takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent; unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw this consent at any time. The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below: –
- Civil Enforcement Officers (CEOs) – The parking areas, car parks and sites managed by our CEO’s, otherwise knows as Patrol Officers, are manually patrolled sites either by our own patrol personnel or directly enforced by our clients and their patrol personnel. All patrol personnel are trained to the highest standard. When the patrol officers issue an enforcement action, as part of the process they will collect images of your vehicle, your vehicle registration number, make/model and colour of your vehicle. Each customer is provided with a unique identification number in order to challenge and enforcement action online.
- Appeals – If you decide to appeal an enforcement action, you can enter your unique identification number in our appeals platform at ncps.ie/appeals. Following an investigation, if your appeal is declined you can further contest this decision with an independent secondary adjudicator – the National Transport Authority. They will have access to your data relating to the enforcement action, and initial appeal decision.
- Permits – We provide parking permits on behalf of our clients. In all instances, we will need to verify your address/license. We can also process permits at the request of the client, who in some instances will provide your details to us in order for us to process your permit.
- Customer Service – General queries, which include business call back requests, can be made through our website contact form or by calling us directly at the number indicated above (point 1).This area also includes customer complaints/feedback provided to Car Park Attendants. Information provided is used for the specific purpose of reading, investigating and answering your query.
4. Your Rights
You have the right to access any personal information that NCPS Ltd. processes about you and to request information about: –
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible, within one month and free or charge; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws; as well as to object to any direct marketing from us. Where applicable, you have the right to data portability of your information and the right to be informed about any automated decision-making we may use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Contact details: email@example.com / 0818 555 000
5. Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. NCPS Ltd. uses third-parties to provide the below services and business functions; however, all processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
parkbytext: We use parkbytext to process e-parking payments in our sites, and permit applications. The information they process on our behalf is vehicle registration, name, address, contact number, proof of residency, identification, bank card/payment details.
ZatPark: We use ZatPark to process enforcement (clamping) and appeal actions. The information they process on our behalf is name, email, contact number, vehicle registration, bank card details, proof of identification (where applicable).
6. Safeguarding Measures
NCPS Ltd. takes your privacy seriously and takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including: –
SSL, TLS, encryptions, pseudonymisation, restricted access, IT authentication, firewalls, anti-virus/ malware.
7. Transfers Outside the EU
Personal data in the European Union is protected by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) but some other countries may not necessarily have the same high standard of protection for your personal data. NCPS Ltd. does not transfer or store any personal data outside the EU.
8. Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to NCPS Ltd., however, as this information is required for us to ensure parking compliance on the privately owned/managed car parks or sites we manage, we will not be able to offer our services without it.
9. Legitimate Interests
As noted in the ‘How We Use Your Personal Data’ section of this notice, we occasionally process your personal information under the legitimate interests’ legal basis. Where this is the case, we have carried out a thorough Legitimate Interests’ Assessment (LIA) to ensure that we have weighed your interests and any risk posed to you against our own interests; ensuring that they are proportionate and appropriate.
We use the legitimate interests’ legal basis to pursue a motorist for unpaid parking charges relating to trespass and breach of contract, and to ensure safety and security and help deter/detect criminal activity.
10. How Long We Keep Your Data
NCPS Ltd. only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under Irish tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.
Image captured (for Enforcement) are retained for 12 months.
Voice recordings are retained for 1 month.
11. Lodging A Complaint
Data Protection Commissioners
T: +353 57 8684800 / +353 (0)761 104 800 / 1890 252 231
12. Cookie Notice
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work or to work more efficiently, and our site relies on cookies to optimise user experience and for features and services to function properly.
Most web browsers allow some control to restrict or block cookies through the browser settings, however, if you disable cookies you may find this affects your ability to use certain parts of our website or services. For more information about cookies visit https://www.aboutcookies.org.